Tuesday 25 September 2007

What a weekend!

I had such a wonderfully relaxing time, it felt like time had stood still for a while, the long weekend did help with that as well. 
 
On Friday night (which feels like such a long time ago) we had my brother and his lovely lady around for a braai, and that was a wonderful evening (apart for the dishes that needed washing afterwards), and it was good to be in a quieter environment, where we could chat and not have to compete with fake Elvis'.
 
On Saturday we had more time to relax, although Paul had to go to work a few times, and I went shopping for anniversary pressies for him.  I felt exhausted from the "exertion" of shopping, never a favourite past time I must confess.  But, I did find the "perfect" gift and some other little bits and bobs to add to it.  Then after a snooze in the afternoon Paul took me for a walk around the neighbourhood, just for some exercise, so that I could get some.  I don't like walking around alone on the streets... you never know what could happen.  Then I sewed another wrap skirt with my favourite fabric of the lot that I bought the other day, and I was very impressed with the skirt.  I totally went on an idea in my head and it worked very well, and uses less fabric than the pattern that I have and fits better, with "room-to-grow", and will "shrink" again when I have had Cygnet.  Then it was off to the Westville Civic Centre for a show called Cosmopolitan, which was an event to raise funds for The Dream Centre, which is an AIDS help centre, who receive very little funding from the government, but still manage to get through.  The show was brilliant, and although I was completely exhausted by the end of it, I enjoyed it thoroughly.
 
Sunday started well, with church early because Paul was playing int he band.  Then we went home again, and had his mother over for some lunch and a visit.  Then it was off to the B&B that I had organised, thanks to Andrew (the owner), and we had a wonderful evening.  If there was ever a place to stay I would have to say Ntengu Lodge is the place.  The room was exquisite, and we had such a relaxing time.  For it's proximity to the town of Westville it felt like we were in the middle of nowhere, far from civilisation, and yet pampered.  We went to dinner at Woodcutters which was delicious, and then off to sleep.
 
On Monday morning, after exchanging gifts, Andrew treated us to an amazing breakfast, which Paul said was the best he has ever had.  We were really relaxed after the evening, and the quiet morning, away from the hub-hub of life.  We decided to take a trip up from Ntengu to the new shopping centre in Hillcrest, which was quite nice, and the shops were all well stocked.  I think that it would be a nice place to stop on the way to visit folks, and we found some very nice gift ideas while there.  Christmas is on it's way you know.  Then we stopped for some tea and scones on the way home.  We had a quiet afternoon which was lovely.  I must say that I feel very relaxed after this weekend.  Almost didn't want to come back to work, but if life was this relaxed all the time, there would be nothing to look forward to.
 
Well, that's all folks!
 

--
For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need. Phil 4:13

If you're having trouble thinking out the box, then you're probably in the wrong box.

http://www.kimswanphotography.co.za/

http://kim-happy-day.blogspot.com/

No comments: