Thursday 20 March 2008

Family Visit

This week my family from the UK came to visit, and it was awesome to see them again, after so many years.  The last time we saw each other was... I can't remember the year, about 15 years ago I am sure.
I have attached the family picture - the fun one.  It's been fun to see them, and they really are an amazing family.  Only one of my cousins came out this time, and Sheryl was very helpful with Chloe, as well as Uncle Jaap and Aunty Sheila.  They wanted to surprise my mother at the coffee shop and they did, my mother didn't even recognise them originally, and then when the penny dropped I imagine it was a moment of comic relief.  I know that Mom enjoyed their visit completely.  Some of the stories that were coming out from when they were young were interesting as well. 
We had a braai with them last night and it was fun, Uncle Jaap did the cooking, and we all just relaxed (except for me, trying to get Chloe to settle down) and visited. 
Today they have left to go to St Lucia for a few days, and then they will pop up to Ermelo to visit my gran, and other aunt and uncle, and then it's back to the UK.  I'd like to think that they really enjoyed thier trip here and that the holiday wasn't so much of a whirlwind that they didn't get a chance to relax.
 
I love you Aunty Sheil and Uncle Jaap.
 

No comments: