Wednesday 20 August 2008

Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba

This morning when I went through to Chloe's room she was on all fours, trying to practice crawling, talking a hind leg off a donkey (ba-ba-ba-ba-ba) and happy as anything.  She is getting so interactive now.  She still gets very frustrated when trying to crawl, and is starting to move backwards which it the beginnings of moving forwards.

I have also signed her up for swimming lessons at school.  I researched the benefits before suggesting it to Paul so that I had a good case argument for it.  Then I heard horror stories about an "evil swimming teacher" who dunked the children under the water and if they cried she dunked them even more.  Anyway, after speaking to Mel (yay she's back) I felt much better.  Robyn does the lessons and doesn't put their heads under the water.  So now I have to find a really cute swimming outfit for her for September.  I was also put at ease when Mel said that the pool is heated.  I could just imagine Chloe hating swimming because the water is ice cold.  So hopefully when she is a year old then she will know how to get to the side of a pool if she falls in accidentally.  Research indicated that it was also good for cardiovascular development and also lung development, as well as co-ordination and helped the children get mobile faster, so if the research is right she will walk sooner because she is learning to swim....  No way to test the theory really.

Thanks Neen for taking the time out to read the updates on my blog.  It's always fun to know that the ramblings aren't falling on the black hole known as the Internet and getting lost.  Although, I could one day go back, collect all the old posts, print them, bind them and have "memoirs"! Bwahahah!

1 comment:

Janine said...

Good for you for getting your baby into swimming lessons. My eldest is almost 9 and he still can't swim properly. One of my greatest failures.