Wednesday 4 November 2015

Relaxing time

It's been a pretty stressful last week or so.  We had rental inspection to prepare for, and then there was a home open where prospective tenants were to come and see our current home to rent.  We are moving south of the river at the end of the month, so it's been a rough little while.  I have been packing slowly, and would be about 4 days ahead of where I am, if it weren't for the inspection.  But, I have decided that if I get 4 boxes packed each day, it is manageable, without leaving Josh to his own devices for too long, and I can get through the bulk of the packing before crunch time.

THE BIN

So, to relax this evening, I spent that time behind the sewing machine, repairing clothing (the repair pile has a habit of growing quickly), finishing some shorts I had started for Clo, and then also experimenting (the fun part).
So, I ended up making this cool fabric "bin" from the offcuts of a pair of jeans I altered, and also a tissue cover prototype. It was a first attempt and it worked well.  A few adjustments needed to be made but I am happy overall.  And feeling a bit more relaxed now.

THE TISSUE COVER

No comments: