Thursday 28 February 2008

More Snippets

Again, the blog update is more snippets than one long story, but I guess it's better than being bored with a long story about nothing! Much has happened since my last post, although being so busy with Chloe, it has been too blurred to remember half of it... So here goes.

Aviary Update

Paul has finished the aviary, but not without injury. He got blood poisoning from the mesh that he was using to build it. He must have stabbed himself with it about 20 times, but one particular wound went septic, and he got mild blood poisoning, so it was off to the doctor for him. It is still looking a little sore, and infected, but the antibiotics are helping sort it out.

I released the budgies into the aviary yesterday, and they still haven't quite figured out that they have vast amounts of place to fly, and they seem not to know what to do with their wings. Although, Greenie and Mammy Blue have discovered the art of flying around more and are using the freedom. Cyan is less mobile though, as his wings are still clipped, and he is looking a little under the weather. I am keeping a close eye on him though to make sure that he is alright.

This morning the whole troupe of monkeys came through our yard, and decided to test whether they are able to get into the aviary, especially since there are yummy birds waiting to be eaten. (Argh) Paul and I have decided that we are going to get some fake snakes and are hoping it will deter them from coming anywhere near the birds again. One monkey was jumping on the aviary to see if it could get through. Really cheeky!

Chloe Update

As I type, my little cherub is squirming where she lies sleeping, although I am not so sure she is still sleeping. Chloe is growing fast, and when I weighed her yesterday she was 4.3kg. I can't believe it, although my arms have been telling me that she is getting heavier. Her last length measurement was 51cm, and that was last week Tuesday, but I am sure that she has grown longer as well. After fighting with her and breastfeeding, I have with the genius of my husband, to express milk all the time now and then bottle feed her rather. She seems to be taking to that much better, and she is getting more food / milk which is great. She feeds less often, sleeps better, and generally is in a better frame of mind. I was right though, she woke up, so now I'm typing with one hand, and Chloe in the other arm.

It is so good that Paul is behind the expressing milk option. Being able to feed her with a bottle is much more relaxing for the both of us. I have added another pic as well for you.

The 70th Birthday photo shoot

Saturday 23rd February was an exciting evening for me. I was able to photograph a 70th birthday party at uShaka, in the aquarium and it was stunning. They really went all out to make it look great there, and I think that they enjoyed the party.

It was the first time since Chloe was born that I was not with her for more than 5 minutes, and it was quite a daunting thing to leave her, but my mother and Paul were stars and apparently Chloe was an angel. Slept, ate and made her nappies dirty, making Dad change them twice. I must admit most of the evening I didn't miss her, as I was too busy to think about it, but when my milk started to come through and I was getting sore because of it, I figured that I was missing her lots. My plan was to express some milk during the evening, so that there wouldn't be any engorgement, but that opportunity never presented itself, so I was pretty sore, and the milk that came out when I did eventually get a chance was more like water than milk, so I ditched that.

"Kim Swan – Pet Photographer"

So, now you are probably wondering what this is all about. Well, you have heard of Ace Ventura – Pet Detective, well I was asked to take some pictures of a friends little dogs, who are some of the most hyper active creatures I have come across. It took about an hour of sitting outside with them, and Berrie, for them to calm down enough to get some beautiful pictures. Needless to say of the 30+ pictures that I took 4 were worthy of printing (in my opinion) and I can't wait to give them to her. I had them printed with the photo's from uShaka, so I got to see them in print for the first time again. I must say that printing photo's is very satisfying. The computer screen does very little justice to the pictures, but when they are printed they are amazing.

Well, that is about all the news I have for the time being. I will post again soon!

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

No comments: