Monday 4 May 2009

Devastated

Last week, Wednesday night at 10pm, I received a phone call to say that my uncle had been shot dead, outside his shop.
On Thursday morning, I learned all the details. It was an armed robbery, and the guy shot him in the chest, with my cousin's 3 year old son holding his hand. My uncle ran back into the shop with Jaydee and pressed the panic button. My aunt and cousin were both in the shop at the time of the incident.
The funeral will be on Wednesday this week, and I can't believe that in an instant, life can be so devastated and because of the greed of one human being, so many lives can be shattered. It is so bad, that my gran doesn't want to live any longer. She is one of the strongest women I know, and now her life isn't worth living any more.
My uncle was a hard worker, ran his own business, he was a butcher. Now, all I have are memories and regrettably not enough of them.

No comments: