Friday 20 April 2007

Happy Friday


Well, today my hubby comes home after being away for 2 nights on a management conference at the lovely Zimbali Eco Estate. So it is a happy Friday indeed. But, he just called me to say that his mother has been admitted to hospital and that she may have to have gall stones removed tonight already, so we wait to hear if they operate today or tomorrow. Please keep her in your prayers.

It has been a quiet day so far, and I have managed to get through the work I have needed, sent a friend instructions on how to cook baby butternuts and hopefully figured out how to make a new pair of jeans, from an old pair that need to retire. *holding thumbs*

Well, the new batch of soup that I made for our "soup club" here at the office is a real hit, and I think that I have some new "members" coming on board. It just means that I will be making a lot of soup one of these days. But, then that is what you get for being a fairly good cook. I can tell you that the main ingredients were butternut, potato and sweet potatoes. Further than that would be giving away secrets :)
Paul rides the Tour Durban on Sunday, and I hope that he is looking forward to it. The weather doesn't sound terribly promising, but hopefully the day will just bee cool and there won't be any rain. This morning they said that it would be cool, but you can never tell with the weather. It has a mind of it's own. I remember last year's Tour Durban was miserable with strong wind and rain. I gave that one a skip.
Anyway, must rush off.

No comments: