Tuesday 24 April 2007

Manic Weekend

Talk about an eventful weekend. Paul's mother is alright, and will be going into surgery tomorrow, so we will know more after that. We left the hospital at about 9pm on Friday night after visiting her, and it was a long evening.
On Saturday I had some of the pictures from Daniel's birthday party printed, the first from my new camera and let me tell you, they're something special. I can't thank Paul enough for the camera and the opportunity to start making my dream a reality. There was also this little fella on one of the flowers in our garden, which I just had to share as he is too cute for words, a little praying mantis. Then the afternoon was a rush to get a chicken roasting in the slow cooker and to David's birthday party, which was a blast, and then to see Lisa and Cobus at their engagement party. We got home by about 9:30pm and went to sleep almost straight away as Paul was racing on Sunday.
On Sunday morning we were up at 4am, and at the race start by about 5:30am. I managed to see Paul start and then waited around for the winning bunch to come flying through, which, provided ample opportunity to try and take some stunning photo's. Not many presented themselves. I did manage to get a picture of him finishing though. Then we were off to a lunch at Lori and Winston's home, which is what the roasted chicken was for... The chicken was delicious and the lunch with everyone was fun. Then we were off to Entabeni again to see Margie, who was looking like a whole different person from the time that we saw her on Friday night. Then we came home and I was finished, so I turned in early.
Today was a tiring one, because I woke up that way. I went to the blood clinic to donate blood for Bronwyn today, and that was an adventure of note, with my arm bleeding profusely, because I wasn't careful enough with it after the donation, but I am still alive and well, and just more tired now. Paul has gone to church for some meetings and I am getting ready to turn in again, after a good soak in the bath and some quiet time.

Oh yes, I almost forgot this one, when I was finished at the blood clinic, driving back to the office, this is what I saw. (Picture of vehicle) Can you believe that a person would tie his canoe to the side of the vehicle when he has perfectly good roof racks to carry it on?

No comments: