Thursday 26 April 2007

Ready for a long weekend

It's almost 3:00pm on a Thursday afternoon, the sun is shining through a haze of (unfortunately) pollution, and makes me want to go and soak up the warmth. But instead I sit at my desk looking out the window at the view. The second hand seems to be dragging it's way around the clock face, and Time is not making the wait for the weekend any easier. "Why?" you ask the anticipation for the weekend.

Well, we are going away this weekend to a leaders retreat with the leaders of the church, and future leaders. We are going to African Enterprises in Martizburg, and it should be fun. I am looking forward to the mutton curry they had on the menu for tonight's supper. A good curry is always welcome. But, more that that I think it will be a time to relax, where I will be out of the normal environment so I can't pfaff about things at home or anything, but I have to rest. We are, of course, taking the mountain bikes with us, so there will be some more extreme fun on the way. They say that some of the toughest mountain bike terrains are there. But, I think I will stick to the more sedentary “jeep trails” on the AE property. They have 6ha that I can explore.

I remember the last time I was there, also a church get together, we all sat on the couches reminiscing about Monty Python episodes and movies, and laughing so much we had stitches. All that while drinking cups of hot chocolate, and the room being warmed by log fires. Wow, the memory is a powerful thing. I am sure it wasn’t really as cosy as my memory is trying to get me to believe.

So, as soon as the clock strikes 4:30pm I have to rush out of here, and get home as quickly as I can so that we can be on our way. The only downside is that the traffic from here to Maritzburg is terrible, especially considering it is over a long weekend.

Happy Weekend!!!!

No comments: