Thursday 3 May 2007

After the weekend

Well, the long weekend has come and gone. The leadership retreat wasn’t as much R&R as I was expecting, but it was good none the less. I think everyone enjoyed it, and there have been a lot of reports of refreshed and rejuvenated people. African Enterprise was a beautiful venue, the food was great, Paul and I got to share a lovely little “bachelor cottage” and it was lovely. Ok, so there were two single beds, but nothing that we couldn’t remedy :o)

Then on Monday it was dead here in the office, half the population in SA took the day off, as 1 May was of course Workers Day. So, I sat here at my desk looking out my window at the sunshine again, and wishing that I was at the beach with my brother. On Tuesday he did a marathon, his first and the last qualifier for the Comrades Marathon in June. Yes, he is crazy enough to want to run 87km. I know I have lots of room to talk, after riding almost the same route on my bicycle, twice. He was very happy as he managed to finish it in 3 hours 53 minutes. Then I went home and checked the photo’s I took, and then had them printed for my brother and his running partner.
While all this was happening I was “slaving” over a yummy sausage casserole, in the slow cooker, which I decided to make some changes to the original recipe and finding that the updated recipe was better than the original. We had that for supper :o)

Tonight, Paul is treating me to Swan Lake! I am SOOOO excited. It is one of those events where I wish I could take a camera with me, just so that I never forget it. You know how memories are, how they eventually get fuzzy edges and it fades away with time. I will post details after I have seen it though.

No comments: