Monday 14 May 2007

Not quite so Happy Day

As hard as I try today can’t be a particularly happy day. Paul is on his way to Botswana on business for 3 days. Ok, ok, so it is only two nights, but still, it’s not nice being home alone for two nights. However, it does mean that I can finish Terry Pratchet’s Wyrd Sisters without feeling guilty.

This weekend was a busy one, with lots of “admin” type home stuff to do, so it wasn’t particularly exciting. However, I think that the mom’s all had a happy mother’s day. Paul whipped up at yummy 3 mushroom and bacon pasta for supper with our mothers, and we spent lunch and some of the afternoon with Peggy, Paul’s step mother. The pasta went down like a home sick mole (to quote my brother) and there was still some left over for supper tonight. There was also lots of rabbit food, so I think I will be munching through a pile of leaves tonight…

I also phoned Ouma yesterday to find out how she was, and she is getting better. It has been worrying that she is unwell, but she said that she was feeling better and was able to get up and walk around, with a walking stick, and even went across to visit my aunt and uncle.

Yesterday, I got to meet a lovely lady, who happens to be Arthur’s wife. Arthur is in our homegroup, and a wonderful person, so it only goes with the territory that his wife would be as lovely. They looked frightfully happy together, and she mentioned that she was looking to stay in Durban, and possibly resign from her job in Bloemfontein. It was funny how Arthur was pushing for her to be a house wife (in jest I would imagine) and she was fighting it like anything. I had a good chuckle. So, Arthur said that she would be joining us for homegroup, which is lovely. Now just to find her a job here in Durban! Prayer works well!

No comments: