Wednesday 12 December 2007

7 weeks and counting...

Well, it's another month closer to the birth of our baby, and our scan today was fun.  Dr says that the baby is in a good position and doesn't expect it to turn again, as the head is already facing downward, getting ready for the final descent.  He is happy that the placenta is still in a good position as well, and that we are on track to a healthy delivery.
 
Measurements were a little scary.  We were told at antenatal classes that normally the baby's crown is the same shape etc as the fathers head, which made me nervous already, as Paul doesn't have the smallest head.  So when Dr measured the head, it was about 2 weeks ahead of size (YIKES!).  The rest of the body is well in line with "average" measurements, but about 4-5 days ahead of "average".  Baby now weighs around 2.2kg.  I have to wonder what I am feeding the child... as I am not eating outrageously.
 
It's scary to think that soon I will be able to hold the little sausage, and there is NO turning back!  Yay!

--
For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need. Phil 4:13

If you're having trouble thinking out the box, then you're probably in the wrong box.

http://www.kimswanphotography.co.za/

http://kim-happy-day.blogspot.com/

No comments: