Monday 10 December 2007

Snow Patrol

OK, so you are probably wondering why the strange heading...  well, it's the name that has stuck for the older of Mr and Mr's Blue's babies.
 
Snow Patrol has been becoming more and more adventurous and has begun sticking most of it's body out the nest box, trying to reach the food.  This morning was quite funny to watch as well, as the parents are obviously trying to get it to "take the leap' as it were, and enticing it by eating and not feeding it.  However, the other baby is still being looked after.  I have heard flapping in the box, which, I'd imagine would be Snow Patrol getting ready for that huge 10cm jump from the hole in the box to the bottom of the cage.  I giggle when I think about it.  But, the babies are both gorgeous.  They look so soft and cuddly.  I just have to think of a name for the younger of the two, but I am sure that something will come up, when it too starts the journey to the other side of the box wall.  I must admit that it is more adventurous than it's older sibling.  I have seen it sticking it's head out the box a few times already to see what the world outside looks like.  Imagine them when I put the cage outside for the first time when they are both out the box!  And the first time they get a shower, when I put the garden sprinkler on the cages.  The adult birds go nuts when I do that.  They love the water and try get as wet as possible.  It's fun to watch.
 
Christmas seems to have suddenly arrived.  It has been a few months away and now it's imminent.  That is a scary thought.  It's almost as imminent as the arrival of a Cygnet into the world.  can you believe that on Thursday there are 7 weeks left till the "official, calculated" due date.  I'm getting excited again as we go for the next scan on Wednesday.  We get to find out how big the baby is getting and how much it weighs, and I'm going to ask how long it is.  It's getting exciting now.  I think that I am feeling a bit better about the whole birth thing, or I'm living in denial, but I'm feeling optimistic about the "event" and I'm so looking forward to meeting this little sausage whom I have loved since the day I knew it was there!

No comments: