Monday 19 May 2008

The first day back at work

Well, so far the first day back at the office hasn't been too traumatic, except that I am missing Chloe like anything. I think that the thought that I can't just go and get her when I want to makes it all the more difficult to deal with. My boss is away today, so there hasn't been terribly much to do, except clear my inbox from 4 months worth of emails and also get my computer back to what it was after the network administrator decided that he needed to downgrade my Office due to a program not working… he coulda just reloaded it….

Chloe has been miserable, she goes from happy, laughing, smiling and gurgling to screaming and inconsolable in a flash. Word on the streets is that it's the typical symptom of teething. Something I didn't realise is that apart from having a sore mouth from getting the teeth, it makes the baby feel sick, and sore all over, headache and the like. I suppoase, thinking about it now, it's understandable. There is a lot that happens to their little bodies in order to get the teeth to come out, or so I hear.

I guess some advantage to her teething and being in school, is Mel knows what to do and how to help her a little, but I am not sure that she will do anything I haven't asked her to do, and I must admit I am at a loss half the time. That is the trouble with being a first time mom. There is so much that you don't know, and if someone hadn't told me about teething, then I would be clueless. That is also when forums come into their own, where you have a whole host of mom's to ask questions, and they will normally have some kind of answer.

Well, I have just been to find something to help Chloe, and there is a product called Bennetts Eazi-Breathe Kit, which I am hoping will help her to breathe at night. The poor child, if she has sinus problems the way I do, I don't blame her for being miserable; I have such a bad sinus headache at the moment.

Don't you hate it when you ask a shop attendant for something, by name and they look at all the other products on the planet except the one that you asked about, and then still ask questions 3 times because they weren't listening properly the first time. Sleep deprivation certainly makes the fuse just that much shorter. I guess it is easier to go where you know you will find what you are looking for.

No comments: