Monday 10 September 2007

After the weekend....

Ok, so Friday last week was Casual Day in South Africa.  It is a day where the country buys stickers and can wear anything… some people go wacky, some dress casually as they are always dressed smart, and then you get the people who use the opportunity to try our fashions from other cultures… like me.   I managed to borrow a Punjabi from a friend and wore that for the day.  It was fun, and I am sure that I would like to wear one again, but after some investigation, it turns out that in order to get your own Punjabi made, you have to go to a dress maker, because there isn't a pattern available anywhere, due to the fact that each dressmaker has their own way of making them etc, etc…   So this weekend, I made a pattern from the top of the Punjabi, and hopefully I can make my own one, one day when I have the courage.

 

I had a busy weekend with my sewing and finished one top, and I have to hem one more, to have finished two.  By the time Paul got home last night, he was so tired that we went to bed early, so the little I still had to do will wait till today to get finished.   I also found that using t-shirt material to make the tops works like a charm, as normal cotton type fabrics are too inflexible and make the edges very difficult to finish.   Plus… t-shirt, I find, is more comfortable.

 

On Saturday we decided to have a braai, and that we were going to do a whole chicken in the Weber.  So I went shopping and Paul was amazing in getting everything together on the evening, making sure that there were yummy, home made, focaccia's and the chicken was cooked to perfection.   We also did baby potatoes which he fried in garlic etc.  we had our neighbours, Jorge and Gitlyn over for the braai, so it was good fun.   It was also great to hook up with them, as we haven't for a while, and they are always looking out for us.

 

Just so you know… as I am writing this post, Cygnet is doing it's daily exercise and making my tum feel like I have some serious twitches in it… I love feeling it.

 

We went to visit Paul's father on Sunday as well, and it was good to relax and catch up with him.  Peggy was helping Cathy move and unpack so she wasn't there, but we still had fun.   We went to see Booby and Mags as well, because Paul wanted to see what the progress was on the boat, and my gosh, he has made some progress.  He and Paul chatted for ages about the engines, and the gen-set and all sorts of things on the boat, while Mags and I sat in the office and chatted about baby stuff.   What is really amazing is that Bobby is making this boat (and it isn't a small one) by himself, which they plan to take to France.  It runs on two diesel engines, and just to give you an idea, 4 people could sleep in it comfortably with a gully, and dining room etc.   The fuel tanks are ginormous as well.

 

Last night, Paul also felt Cygnet move for the first time.  I was lying down and I could feel it moving around.  So I tried to press on my tum to see if I could feel it from the outside, which I did, so I called him, and pressed with his hand, and he got kicked.   Very exciting.  He said that it was very soft to him, but from my side it felt like a hard one.  I suppose it had to be hard for Paul to be able to feel the kick.

 

Well, I guess that is me for the time  being…

--
For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need. Phil 4:13

If you're having trouble thinking out the box, then you're probably in the wrong box.

http://www.kimswanphotography.co.za/

http://kim-happy-day.blogspot.com/

No comments: