Friday 14 September 2007

Milestones...

Yesterday, being the 13th September 2007, marked the halfway point in my pregnancy.   Woo Hoo!

 

A friend commented this morning that I swallowed a pea, and where is my baby.   But, the tum is starting to expand, and I am starting to fell like I look pregnant, and not just getting thicker around the waist.  Cygnet is a lot more active these days and Paul was able to feel the kicks without me telling him where they were, which delighted him immensely.

 

Over and above this great achievement, we are having a lot of rain, which most people would attribute to Spring arriving in our sunny country, but I think it is because I have now successfully sewn 3 tops, and a pair of pants and have worn them, in public :o) My mother keeps telling me that I should sew more as we need the rain.   So I will be going shopping for more fabric this weekend, and will make a few more tops.  And I guess one or two more pairs of pants will do.   However, I have been looking at how easy wrap around skirts are to make, and this weekend Pat has said that she would help me to make a pattern so that I can make some.   This morning I was looking at the bought one that I have and it is really so simple to make.  The hardest part would be to make the darts, but they aren't actually that difficult.   So, I have to take it with me when I go shopping on Saturday and I'll try to get some of the same fabric, as it is such a soft, pretty, just-meant-to-be-worn fabric.   The other plus is that they can grow with me, and when I have had the baby, they can shrink again too!  Let's hope they have the fabric…

 

Today was also quite exciting, as I discovered a beautiful camp site down the south coast at Scottburgh, which I think would be lovely to spend a weekend at with the friends.   And it isn't too far away so we could get there on a Friday evening and then spend the weekend there.  I have emailed the details to Trace and she was as excited about it as I was. So we will be planning a camping trip soon.   I think that I have managed to get over the dread of camping.  Being a few weeks pregnant and camping isn't terrible fun, especially when the food range is limited and all you are craving is fresh veggies and fruit.   This trip, I will be prepared and take a lot with me, so that I can munch when the desire attacks.  Speaking of which, the Fruit and Veg guy that visits our office has just been, so I have stocked up the supplies so I can munch away happily.   I have quite a range now, bananas, oranges, naartjies, and apples.  Yum!  Baby just gave me a high five with excitement :o)

 

Well, that is me for now… Have a great weekend! God Bless



--
For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need. Phil 4:13

If you're having trouble thinking out the box, then you're probably in the wrong box.

http://www.kimswanphotography.co.za/

http://kim-happy-day.blogspot.com/

No comments: