Monday 22 October 2007

What a weekend

This morning was a bit of a groggy start after a very busy, and not so boring weekend.
 
It started with the Michael W. Smith concert at Durban Christian Centre, which was awesome.   He is a brilliant worship leader, and entertainer.   It was an awesome evening, although I was exhausted by the end of it.
 
Saturday morning was a rush around, with grocery shopping and then helping with the lounge suite swap.   We were given a new lounge suite by Paul's father, and we passed our one to my brother.   So it was a case of them fetching our new one from Dad, then getting ours to Boet.   Let me tell you, those guys worked hard.  And I felt terrible because there was nothing almost that I could do to help them.   Paul said that I shouldn't being pregnant and all, but I did help, putting feet back onto couches and taking doors off hinges.  Then we had to go and register Paul for the race. Amashovashova.   After doing that, we headed home, and crashed for the rest of the afternoon almost.  Then it was time to get ready to visit some friends to watch the Rugby World Cup final, between South Africa and England.   Talk about an epic game.  It was a very tense game, with the only points being scored through penalties.  It was amazing how the whole country was joined together in their support for the boys on the field, and how they all partied when we won.  I had to drag Paul home after the game though, bearing in mind he had a cycle race the next day.
 
On Sunday morning we were up at 5am and left home by 5:30.  we got to Martizburg with plenty of time to spare, and I dropped Paul off for the start and then went to visit with Linda and Gareth.  We popped up the road to watch Paul riding past, and then it was a mad rush getting to the next viewing points to see them ride past.  I saw them at Pinetown, which is where I managed to sprain my ankle, and then I just made it to the end when Paul crossed the line.  The traffic at the end was horrendous, which is why I was late.  I must say that it is as exhausting seconding the race as riding it in some ways.  But I enjoyed it, and Paul had a good ride, finishing the 106km National Classic in 4 hours and 12 minutes.  The only down side to the race was the terribly wind that was howling through, which Gareth was very happy about as he was racing on his wind surfer.  As they say, one man's poison is another man's meal (or something along those lines).  After the race we popped over to Boet's to give him his birthday gift and then to the folks coffee shop to say hi.  Then we went home, crashed again, and then had some supper, and by 9pm I was ready for bed.  So we went to bed... and that was the weekend.
 
Whew! That was exhausting just thinking about it.


--
For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need. Phil 4:13

If you're having trouble thinking out the box, then you're probably in the wrong box.

http://www.kimswanphotography.co.za/

http://kim-happy-day.blogspot.com/

No comments: