Monday 5 November 2007

Another weekend closer to the birth of our child...

After another whirlwind weekend, I have come to work feeling a little tired, but glad for the air conditioning that we have, as it has been very hot and humid this weekend.
 
We had an early start on Saturday morning, as Paul went cycling and I waited in the car, after which we went for breakfast with some friends, and then off to find something nice for Mom for her birthday.  We sorted out Paul's sound system as well, so that should be installed next weekend.  Thank goodness for the air conditioner in the bedroom, because we could have a cool nap in the afternoon.  Then it was off to friends for dinner, which was yummy and the company was wonderful.  we got home late though and didn't get much sleep as we were up early on Sunday morning because Paul was on sound duty at church.  Then it was home to sort out the food for the picnic we were going to for Mom's birthday.  It was a nice picnic, but by the end of it all I wanted to do was sleep, and the last thing on my mind was food.
 
I am now in the third trimester, and the tummy had definitely starting to grow.  I was also getting growth pains this weekend, and trying to get comfortable is becoming a bit of a problem.  Luckily the chairs here at work are comfortable enough and they support my back so I don't get so much lower back pain.  I have also started getting the pins and needles everyone talk about when lying on my back for too long.
 
I'm hoping to start using the gym at Paul's work now.  At least that way I will be able to "train" on the treadmill and the spin bike in safety and comfort, there is an air conditioner in the gym as well! Bring on the walking, because I can't Tae-bo anymore, it's just too uncomfortable.

Fascinating fact:

Your immune system is lowered during pregnancy. This prevents your body rejecting your baby, but also makes you more prone to coughs and colds.

No comments: