Sunday 11 November 2007

Fireworks and Budgies

Diwali has certainly provided some excellent opportunity for firework photography. Paul took pictures and I must say they came out well. The fireworks would be even better without the bangs though. I don't enjoy all the noise. You will see there is one of the fireworks, and also one of lightening that Paul took a while ago, that I thought would be nice to share.

Exciting news is that there is the small squeal of a baby budgie coming from the next box in Mr and Mrs Blue's cage. Very exciting because I was starting to lose hope that there would ever be a Blue Jnr. But, they have proved me wrong, and I am looking forward to meeting the lil one.

I have also added a picture that I took of the Durban cityscape at night, from the Wilson's wharf parking lot, which was fun to take, and I think the best picture I have taken all year. I must say that out of the many pictures that get snapped there are select few that really tend to excite.

We have also done some home improvements, with a new light fitting in the bedroom, since a ceiling fan is kind of redundant when you have an air-conditioner. The light fitting is a stainless steel fitting with directional down-lighters. I was blown away this evening when I went through to see what the lights looked like now that it is dark. WOW! I can't believe the difference. Paul also put up a 500W Halogen light in the garage so that he can work in there and see what he is doing. I think that it has made him quite happy.

I was also thrilled as my sewing machine went in for a service, and I am blown away by the difference, it is like I have a new machine. Sewing is a pleasure now, and I have finished the black skirt that I have been trying to finish for about 2 weeks. And it looks stunning I must say. Now that the machine is in such good working order I want to try new things, like some of the fancy stitches that the machine can do, and also Pat asked if the machine had a roll over hem foot (no idea what she was talking about) so I showed her all the feet that the machine has and I do apparently have one. Now just to figure out what they all do. There's even a darning foot! So now, while Paul is in the garage I can also be busy making stuff! Yay.

No comments: