Wednesday 18 June 2008

Antibiotics and rashes

On Friday last week I took Chloe to a GP because her eyes were oozing green goop and her sinuses were blocked, and the pharmacist I spoke to said she would need antibiotics.  So I went to him, and he gave Chloe come antibiotics and eye ointment and also a decongestant.  Now comes the fun part....

The decongestant shouldn't be administered to children under the age of 2 due to the Ephedrine HCL content.  So, without knowing this I had been giving it to my noonoo and she was not wanting to eat or sleep from it.  Anyway, thank goodness for the internet and research.  I stopped that very quickly.  Then the antibiotics that he gave her, are very strong and the day care mother said that she thinks that he was wrong in his dosage as there is another baby (10 months old) who was also on the same stuff and the gave her less than half the dosage this guy gave to Chloe.  Thank goodness the course finished today.  So now, Chloe has thrush on her bottom and in her mouth, she cried all of Monday night, and wouldn't eat for the better part of the weekend.

Thankfully with the prayer and support of friends we annointed Chloe (with oil) and prayed healing and blessing over her, and she slept much better last night.  My mom also brought some meds up from the pharmacist I spoke about in my last post, and that has also started helping.

Hopefully this evening her bottom will look a lot less inflamed.

xxx

No comments: