Tuesday 24 June 2008

Finally a doctor who cares

Yesterday, after speaking to my friend Ruth, I found a doctor who really cares about his patients and takes the time to listen to the problems, and get to the bottom of them, and explains the medications that he has prescribed and how they should work and how soon they will work and also what is wrong with you or your child. He's a homeopath here in Durban, so if you would like his details then email me and I will gladly give you the details.

I took Chloe to see him yesterday because she was coughing to the point of vomiting and her nose was running more profusely than before, and I was worried that the incredibly sore throat that I have, I had passed to my poor little cherub. I had been giving her a homeopathic remedy called Cataro which was working a treat, and "detoxing" her sinuses, hence the runny nose, but it was the cough that was worrying me, as well as the thrush that seems to be getting worse in her mouth. So, we arrive at his rooms, and the receptionist was amazingly friendly (I'm sure Chloe's cuteness does help with that) and we were seen on time, which is another pet hate I have for most medical practitioners, and he introduced himself, so that you know who you are dealing with, and then does a complete background information gathering session, followed by the actual "check up". Chloe loved him, and was all smiles except for when he was trying to have a look at her throat. She is very anti anything in her mouth at the moment, because of all the medicines that have been forced down her throat. Anyway, after fighting to look into her ears (she wanted to play with the in-ear-looking-thingy) he said that she has infection of the Pharynx (see picture) and a shotty nose, which may be aggrivated by the dairy formula that she drinks. So, to make a long story short, he gave me 2 sets of drops to give her and some other SUPER probiotics to help with the thrush. I have to rub the probiotics into her mouth which ends up with her crying and unhappy, so that is not the best part. But, the very cool part was that he said that she looks very well and healthy. The other amazing thing is that you can call him at any time to ask him something if there is something you are unsure about or, he asked me to phone him with an update on her progress today so that he knows what is happening. I am also just really happy that the school are so good at administering her meds as well so I know that she will get them when she needs to.

So, I have to monitor her again tonight and see how she does, and then let him know in the morning and then we will take things from there. I'm just glad that we are getting somewhere, and I can get to see him rather than fight with unpleasant receptionists who tell you there is a 3 day waiting period to see the doctor, and usually it's not the one that you want to see anyway.

1 comment:

Sandy Bigara said...

I'm so sad Kimmi, will my sister ever come back to me again.