Tuesday 10 June 2008

So, I've been quiet...

Ok, Ok, I know that I have been very lax in posting recently, but I haven't really had much news (and writers block).

 

As you can see there has been some overhauling of my blog... different look and feel... let me know what you think, although it could change again soon, have found some really cool skins.

 

Life has been pretty tiring, looking after Chloe, missing Paul and getting back into the swing of things with work.

 

Paul was in Zambia for the whole week last week, so I had a fairly quiet week, work, look after Chloe and sleep.  I was in bed early every night last week.  I just couldn't keep my eye's open.  I must say that it was quiet and I was really happy to have him home again.

 

Things still haven't settled down with Chloe and she still has a blocked nose.  Her sleep is constantly being interrupted by the nose, and I am hoping that the humidifier that I bought will help.  I have also added Olbas oil to the humidifier which will apparently help clear her up, and so far there has been some improvement, but it is slow progress, and I am battling with all the wakings and never sure if she is hungry or just can't breathe.  There are also massage techniques that I can learn that will help with that, but I haven't had the time, or the funds to learn those techniques.

 

There has been an exciting development in my life, but I will have to keep you in suspense till it is official, so sorry for those waiting now with bated breath to hear what it is.  I will definitely keep you up to date with that development.  Just for those wondering, no, I'm not pregnant again.

 

All the increases in the cost of living have really made things tight in the budget and I have been looking around for cheaper but good nappies.  I was told about a factory shop which sells factory reject nappies (mostly cosmetic defects) and they didn't have any when I went there, so I gave that up as a bad joke.  But, in the mission of finding a cheaper alternative to Pampers, I was at a supermarket and was doing some research and found another brand which is as good as Pampers, but about 50 cents a nappy cheaper, so I think I will be buying those in a short while.  It's ridiculous how much they charge for the things.  There is the alternative of having cloth nappies, but then you have the problem of nappy rash and bucket loads of nappies to wash every day.  You have to weigh up the cost of the detergent and water as well when thinking of the towelling nappies. My mother said that she went through about 12 nappies a day with us and that is not an option.  I can't see that happening anytime soon.  Also the cost of formula has also gone up quite a bit, almost R20 a tin, which also bites quite hard.

 

I'm sad to say that I have become quite unused to Chloe at home, and the weekends are exhausting, looking after her, keeping her busy.  By the end of the weekend I am happy that she is going back to school, but at the same time, by 9am on Monday morning I am missing her like crazy.  Like a yo-yo I tell you.

 

Anyway, let me go, I really have run out of stuff to write now...

 

xx

No comments: