Friday 24 August 2007

Insey Winsey Spider...

Oh my gosh!!! Last night, while I was getting ready for bed, I had an encounter with one of the biggest spiders I have EVER seen. Now, I have only ever had two previous encounters with this kind of spider (who knows what it was), neither of which I had to dispose of them.

OK, so the picture you can see is after vast amounts of insecticide have come in contact with the poor spider. On a normal, not pregnant, day I would have caught it, and disposed of it outside, but being nervous of being bitten by an unknown, large, furry spider i had to go the bug spray route. It was in the doorway to the bedroom, so it gave me a huge fright anyway. I got the bug spray and sprayed it, after which the friendly spider ran under our bed. My dear husband, said that there was no way that he would go to bed until it had been removed... so gingerly I had to search for the bugger under the bed with a torch, and found it. It was not happy being in the spotlight so it started to move. I shouted for more ammo but my trusty side kick was somewhat slow on the reloading and I almost lost the target, but I did manage to get it just before it ran behind my side table. Tracking it again, it went under the bed again, and I had to search under the bed again with the torch, but this time it didn't shy away from the light, and I watched the poor thing suffer as the poison slowly killed it. I feel terrible killing it, but, at the same time, I was sure as nuts not going to spend the night with it anywhere in the house. In fact, the thought of more running around is still at the back of my mind. So wondering around the house is a bit scary at the moment.

 
 
"Yesterday is history.  Tomorrow is mystery.  Today is a gift.  That's why they call it the present."
~Eleanor Roosevelt~

No comments: