Monday 13 August 2007

An interesting weekend

This weekend, and the public holiday for National Woman's Day (here in South Africa) on the 9th August were very eye opening.  I worked at my folk's coffee shop on Thursday and Saturday, and have discovered that eggs are not something that I like at all.  One of the waitresses opened a take-away container that had a breakfast inside, right next to me, and well, it nearly had extra breakfast added to it.  My stomach was feeling very tender for the rest of the day after that.
 
Friday here at work was not very exciting, with the phones and everything being super quiet.  I was very happy to go home in the afternoon.
 
I filled in again on Saturday and had a very tender stomach again.  Just seeing the eggs and people eating them was enough to make me feel ill.  I think the worst was when people called in for take away orders and asked for soft eggs.  in the restaurants, if you ask for soft eggs, they tend to be "snotty" as not all the whit is cooked.  I have NO idea how people actually get it down their throats, but I can tell you now, for the time being, no egg will pass these lips (except of course if it's made from chocolate around Easter time).  After work, I flew up to the Pavilion to get the Expanda Belt, which is a "belt" that you attach to your pants so that your pregnant tum has space to grow, so that buying Maternity pants isn't an immediate requirement.  Then I rushed over to the Botha's for supper, but it turned out we were having a braai.  At about 9pm Kath and I asked my husband to intervene in the braai-ing process, as the "chief cook" was too busy talking with the other men.  So we only got to eat at about 9:30pm by which time, I was almost fainting with hunger, and also feeling very nauseous from being so hungry.  I managed to get some food down my throat, when I discovered that boerewors (a South African sausage) should also not pass my lips at this time.  So Paul got to finish my piece.  I eventually fell asleep on the couch.
 
On Sunday we went to church, and then off to the Bluff to visit Paul's cousins for another braai for lunch.  This time we took our own meat, so I was safe with some chicken skewers.  I had a lot of salad, as that is all I thought I could get down, as it wasn't rich. Cygnet seems to be putting the brakes on what I eat these days, and it's making sure that it isn't rich, which can't be an altogether bad idea.  I feel like I am picking up a lot of weight at the moment, so I have said to Paul that I am going to be more strict with our diet from now on, and see what happens.  Although, a HUGE bowl of fruit salad wouldn't hurt right now. Mmmm....

--
For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need. Phil 4:13

If you're having trouble thinking out the box, then you're probably in the wrong box.

http://www.kimswanphotography.co.za/

No comments: