Monday 6 August 2007

A round of applause please...

Today I feel pretty proud of myself... It all started a while back when I got a bee in my bonnet because the fashion in the stores is horrendous and also stupidly expensive. So I bought my mothers over locker and sewing machine from her. It was all very exciting, but nothing happened from then on. Then I decided that I would try to sew a pair of pants, which I am half way through, but decided that by the time they are finished, which would be in about a day if I sat down and focused on it, they would probably be too small, since I am making room for someone else inside my body. So that went onto the back burner. However, on Saturday I did go and purchase 2 patterns for maternity wear, the one had patterns for 6 tops, and 2 pairs of pants, and the other one has a top, a dress and 2 pairs of pants. So I think there is some variety there. Anyway, after purchasing enough fabric to sew 2 tops and 2 pairs of pants I decided to get started. By about 7pm on Saturday night, I had traced off a top, laid it out on the fabric, cut it out and started putting it all together, and I would have carried on, but there was one thing missing... Facing. I couldn't get any on Sunday so the sewing took a break. Then this morning (Monday) I went to get some facing and elastic as I forgot to get that as well when getting the fabric. I took today off to go and investigate some pre-schools for Bubs, and after sussing one or two out, I got to work on the top that was half finished. I am pleased to say that I have successfully finished it, and it looks pretty good for a first attempt at sewing. I have used the machines before, but always with my mother around to tell me what to do, so this one was my first solo project!

Now I am waiting for Peggy to get here so that we can go suss out some more schools. I wanted her input on them, as she has some idea what to look for, Lesley being the guinea pig for school hunting. I am hoping to get Bubs into Care Bears, they seem to be very organised and Close to home etc. The other one I looked at this morning which would be a second choice was alright, I liked the lady who looks after the infants and she seemed lovely. The children seemed happy enough, I was just concerned about the smelly nappy smell in the place. But, I will see what Peggy has to say. I'll be back to let you know what the verdict was, and if Bubs will be attending Care Bears next year.

~~~

If I pay R100 to Care Bears tomorrow, Bubs will be there! Yay, it was so amazing. Compared to Hatton Estate it was like comparing chalk and cheese. It was clean, professional, and the play areas were lovely. The children there all looked happy, and they really seem to love the babies. I didn't get to meet the lady who looks after them as she was off ill for the day, but I think that I will meet her tomorrow when I go to hand in the forms. Peggy was also very impressed with the school, and they also go to Grade R, which means that there won't be any need to chop and change Bubs around when it gets too old for a certain group. A lot of the babies had already been collected to go home, but the ones there were happy as anything, and the toddlers all looked very happy.

One of the nicest things about today, as all the ladies that work at the pre-schools were saying how tiny I was, and that I wasn't showing. After all the getting fat comments it was nice to hear that I was still looking small.

No comments: