Tuesday 8 January 2008

Coming in to land

Today was one of the last scans we will have considering that soon we won't need a scan to look at our precious child.  Dr C was still very impressed with progress and said that everything is on track.  I did ask him whether he thought we would be having the baby earlier than the projected 31 January, to which he answered "We don't have preterm babies in this practice".  Which I think was a tidy sidestep, and I still think that this child is more than ready to meet it's parents.  During the scan he also pointed out that there is some calcification on the placenta, so the ladies here at the office are taking bets as to how soon Cygnet will make it's grand entrance into the world.
 
The nursery is pretty much finished, and there are one or two things that I still need to sort out, but I am sure that there will be some time during Paul's two week break to be at home with Cygnet and I.  It is all getting very exciting now.  I can feel that the baby has dropped, breathing is easier these days, but there is a lot of pressure being placed on my bladder, especially when Cygnet decides that it is time to do Alps training for the Tour de France.  But, it's fun all the same.  It's precious when I get poked in my side, and I can feel the sharpness of a pointy elbow, or when I rub my tummy and Cygnet "rubs" back.
 
I washed all the baby clothes last night, and when hanging the little things up to dry I was getting so excited.  I just wanted to be able to put them onto this little baby.  I think that the little vests were the cutest, so tiny.  To think that soon I will have someone to wear them.  Oh yes, the estimated fetal weight at the moment is close to 3.4kg!  Wanda, I think that I am getting close to Max's 3.6kg?
 
Well, stay tuned for the next installment.  The next scheduled scan is for the 22nd... but who knows, I could be seeing Dr C a bit earlier than that :o)

1 comment:

Kim Swan said...

Comments that have come through on email...
~~~
Kim,
This is so exciting and I am sure all will go really well, keep us posted.
Lots of love
Lisa
~~~
Wow wow wow HOW EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol
~~~
Gosh Kim!
Can you believe it!!!!
When do you stop work???
Loaded question...was wondering if you are free on Friday afternoon
at about 1 for coffee???
Love Trace
~~~
Hey Kimmy!!
Can't believe it's almost time!!!
Have you had a babyshower?????????????????
Please make sure I am on your sms chain when baby is born, I have a new no.
Lovely to hear you sounding soo excited!!!
Take care and keep me posted like you have been - has been lovely to keep up
with you and your pregnancy!
Me (Mandy)
xx