Friday 4 January 2008

I couldn't resist!


The picture says it all today.
I woke with a headache this morning, which has subsided some, but not completely, and I could be at home today, cleaning, because I know that is what would happen, purely because of the whole nesting thing that happens to pregnant ladies at some point on their pregnancy, although according to a lot of articles I have read, it usually means that labour is imminent.
While browsing the net, I came across a site with some "advice" for the dad-to-be which made me giggle a bit. This is what they had to say...
It's a bit beyond the scope of this guide to create a parenting "how-to" for newborns. However Dad, there are a few basics you need to know.

- Yes, you WILL be nervous about picking up a human being that is slightly larger than a football knowing that it is YOUR child.
- You will NOT be asphyxiated when you change Baby's poopy diaper.
- Baby's vomit is not toxic waste, and you will NOT die of poisoning when Baby spits up an entire feeding on your new shirt.

Seriously, it is nerve-wracking to hold a squirming baby, especially when their little necks are so floppy. The more you hold and handle your baby, the more comfortable you'll become. You should be able to do whatever Mom does for the baby, except of course, breastfeed. You'll develop a deeper bond with Baby and s/he with you by being involved.
Who wouldn't have a giggle at that, even the dad-to-be :o)
At least today is Friday, which means that I get a chance to "relax" for the weekend. Tomorrow will the be the day for shopping for the small things that need to go into the "bag" which everyone is telling me I need to get packed. By the sounds of it you need about 3 bags... the Labour Bag, the Hospital bag and the Baby bag. I don't think I have that many bags at all, so sorry for everyone, it's all going into one bag... which means that I will have to get a move on and clean out the chest of drawers, just to make sure that they are clean, wash all the clothes that I have for the baby, because that is what my "instinct" is telling me has to be done, and then get it all ready. Bring on the weekend!

No comments: