Wednesday 16 January 2008

Only a few more days before maternity leave

I think that every morning the people I work with breathe a sigh of relief when I walk through the door.  One guy who has been on leave said that I really look pregnant now, and he was amazed at the sudden popping out of my tum, which was refreshing from the usual "your getting so big!" comment. 
 
I wish that the non-pregnant people who often say that would realise the impact that comment has on the person being told.  Imagine, you already feel like a whale, you're hot, your tummy is heavy, swollen feet and hands, sore back, and someone comes along and says "wow you are huge" now, would that make you feel like the "glowing, pregnant lady" that everyone thinks you are, or would it make you feel a little worse and just add a ton to the whale feeling?
 
I must admit that the last few nights have not been happy sleeping ones.  Both Paul and I have been restless, but for different reasons.  I think the imminent birth of our child is playing on my mind, as well as the major discomfort, and Paul has too many things running through his mind. For once though it hasn't been work so much, but rather photography.  He is very excited about the lenses that he has ordered for me, and the fact that I have landed a gig in February (which is stressing him out as he will have to baby sit Cygnet) and I am waiting to find out if I get the gig in April as well.  So he is thinking too much about those things, and not sleeping well, and I am sure that the fact that I am not sleeping well affects him too.  What a pair.  I just figure that it is preparation for the months to come :o)  God is good in his wisdom!
 
Cygnet seems to have dropped more, and is squirming, making my tummy look like it is dancing.  However, it has dropped as well, so there is a lot of pressure on my pubic bone, and I'd imagine that the child will make it's appearance before the EDD.
 
I will try keeping my blog up to date with news, but I can't promise anything, because I have no idea what life will be like after the birth of our child.

No comments: